People always say that when they come home from vacations. I never really have that feeling. Danny loves being back to our own bed. I can sleep anywhere, so this doesn't affect me. Danny likes eating homecooked meals again. Guess who has to cook those meals? I prefer restaurants. Sure, living out of a suitcase is a bit of a pain, but who has to empty those suitcases and wash every last piece of clothing, and get it folded and put away? When we got back last night I had a bit of an overwhelmed feeling with all the things I need to get done in the next couple of weeks! I prefer worrying about decisions like whether to eat in Chinatown or Little Italy in NYC! (We chose Chinatown, by the way.)
I haven't yet had the time to tell all the the sites we saw in New York City or in Philedelphia, but that will have to be saved for another time.
Alas, I know that real life must happen in order for vacations to seem so special but, this trip was a very special one to me. The theme for this trip that kept running through my mind the whole time was "In the Presence of Greatness." Great historical leaders, great museums, great monuments, great documents of freedom, great art, great architecture, simple places where great things happened, and most of all, great country! Everywhere we went, that thought kept popping into my mind. It was such a privilege to get to share this greatness with my children at a young age, and hopefully, it will inspire them to greatness as well.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
April
(14)
- First Date....
- The room where we live....
- Grandparent lessons....
- Happy Me, too
- How can my little girl be 9? (Obnoxious bragging m...
- Tagged by Cathy....
- Time to blog...
- Whoever said, "It's great to be home?"
- If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere...
- I would not have made a good Pilgrim!
- Update from Boston...
- Hello from New Hampshire
- Trip update...
- An update of the last four days (feel free to skim)
-
▼
April
(14)
4 comments:
Hey! You're back!
I'm glad that you're home but I am also glad that you had such a wonderful trip!!
p.s. I would have made a bad pilgrim, too. Plus, I get sea sick!Blech!!
Yay! Mindy's back!!!
I'm so glad you had such a great trip - but I hear you on how hard it is to transition back to real life.
Can't wait to hear more about it!
Your trip was amazing! I didn't think it could be done, and it probably couldn't by anyone but you guys.
There is no such thing as a vacation--it's just "compressed work". Sorry 'bout that. We unpacked from our last trip in January as we packed for this trip in April. It's just pathetic.
How exciting! Your photos are beautiful and it looks so fun.
I know the dread of facing that return-home laundry...sigh.
Post a Comment