I don't have any pictures loaded from today yet, but this morning we got an early start and drove through some quaint historical towns. Our goal was to get to New Hampshire to stay with a friend of Danny's since childhood. On our way we got to see them make maple syrup in Vermont. Danny was really hoping we would get to see them tap the trees and watch the sap flow out. We missed that by a few days but we were there just at the right time to see them take the sap, boil it, filter it, and turn it into syrup for us to taste. It was a neat little mom-and-pop operation and the owner was no nice in showing us all the steps. The maple ice cream was delicious!!
This was out longest driving day, but we did stop and peek into the New Hampshire capitol building. We happened to see the governor walking by. We had a nice home cooked meal at our friend's house and we set sail for Boston and the Freedom Trail tomorrow. I've been really looking forward to that after reading Johnny Tremain and all the books about the Revolutionary War info.
The kids do so great on the long driving days. They didn't even complain one time about the driving. We pop the Story of the World CD's in and everyone is happy. It is great because the kids beg us to put it in, we get a good history review in, and Danny gets to hear all the things we have learned about. We have been listening to vol 2-The Middle Ages and I am hoping to get through the first half of vol 3-Renaissance to Early Modern. That would catch them up to where we are in history.
It has been fun to read your comments. I think of so many of you as I am driving through your states. I really wish I could stop and meet all you East Coasters!! Donna, today I thought of you because we drove by a store called Boucherville (pronounced Boo-shay-ville.) I had to tell Danny all about you. And, friends from home, I am missing you all!
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
April
(14)
- First Date....
- The room where we live....
- Grandparent lessons....
- Happy Me, too
- How can my little girl be 9? (Obnoxious bragging m...
- Tagged by Cathy....
- Time to blog...
- Whoever said, "It's great to be home?"
- If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere...
- I would not have made a good Pilgrim!
- Update from Boston...
- Hello from New Hampshire
- Trip update...
- An update of the last four days (feel free to skim)
-
▼
April
(14)
1 comment:
Your vacation looks so wonderful, Mind! Your pictures are fabulous.
The kids and I are home after five days in Astoria... we had a great trip with wonderful weather.
Can't wait for you to get home.
Post a Comment