
Annsley and Seth told me tonight that they had a plan but they couldn't tell me what it was until after Tuesday. I prodded a little and they finally confessed that they were going to run away to the mall on Tuesday. They didn't tell me *which* mall however so I wouldn't be able to find them right away. They said that they were going to get their money out of the bank so they would have something to live off of. When I asked them how they were going to do that, they replied, "We need you to help us with that." I said, "OK. When you ask me to do it I'll try not to ask too many questions so I don't discover your plan." They were thankful. I told them I thought it would be good for them and help them with their independence skills. I promised not to tell Daddy until after Tuesday.
Um.....do you think my kids have been reading a little to much Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler? I remember loving this book as a kid and planning a few adventures of my own after reading it. However, they decided that our local museum just didn't have what they needed to survive, but the mall certainly does. Seth did let it slip that I would probably find them in the bedroom section of one of the stores. They also assured me it was nothing I had done! Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment