Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowed in!

I haven't missed church for anything other than illness or vacation since I was in college. But, this morning we awoke to about a foot of snow and I got stuck twice just trying to get out of our driveway. So, we opted for worshipping God in his amazingly gorgeous creation. We bundled up and headed for the park. We had to help about five different people who had gotten stuck. I have never seen so many neighbors out shoveling and snow blowing and trying to get out of their driveways. The roads are a mess, but everyone seemed in such good spirits and willing to help each other get the cars moving.
We walked (trudged would be a better word) to the park where we could barely find the swings. We made a snowman and just enjoyed the amazing beauty that God has given us!
I have included a few pictures of the day.

1 comment:

Pam said...

It is cool that you love snow so much--a have a great perspective on it.

Followers