I am reading All Rivers Run to the Sea by Elie Wiesel. I have always had a fascination with reading about Holocaust survivors, but this may be one of the most amazing books I have read in this genre. Wiesel weaves the tale of his fascinating life, adding his personal reflections on God, faith, love and forgiveness.
"To write is to plumb the unfathomable depths of being. Writing lies within the domain of mystery. The space between any two words is vaster than the distance between heaven and earth. To bridge it you must close your eyes and leap. A Hasidic tradition tells us that in the Torah the white spaces, too, are God-given. Ultimately, to write is an act of faith."
What's in *your* book pile?
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(68)
-
▼
January
(16)
- Wordless Wednesday
- Snowed in!
- Have my kids been reading too much?
- Love/ Hate Meme
- Tuesday Ten (I mean Seven)
- Tomorrow I get to go....
- What are you reading right now?
- Go Hawks!!
- Like you really care....
- Wednesday morning
- Please be patient
- Can you stand another scrapbooking page?
- My Photoshop Elements lesson
- First Digital Scrapbooking page
- My first Photoshop Creation
- 2008 Project Challenge
-
▼
January
(16)
2 comments:
I have not read Night. Is this better than Night?
Have you read Exodus?
I highly, highly recommend it.
I am reading 'Disciplines of a Godly Woman' by Barbara Hughes. Very convicting, very challenging, and I will most likely need to read it every year for the rest of my life!!!
mare
Post a Comment