
My son is almost 7. (17 more days if you ask him.) I see less and less signs of the "little boy" and more and more signs of an emerging big boy. All of a sudden he has discovered computer games and for the first time I'm having to think about limiting screen time. He makes noises and moves faster and more spastically than his limbs can handle. He is becoming a skilled and talented soccer player rather than a kid in a pack chasing the ball. He eats and eats and eats.
Occasionally I even get glimpses of the man he will someday become. A while ago it was raining and we were at the grocery store and he raced ahead to the car to open the door for me quickly. Someday he will do this for his wife. He thinks ahead and plans and saves. He is so much like his Daddy!
But every now and then, my little boy comes back. Today it is the form of a new Halloween costume. It is "cool" because the chest is puffy and looks like muscles. He wants to wear it all the time and I see the belief in his own invincible super-hero self shining in his eyes. He believes! I cherish that.
Now, if I can just keep him from spilling on it or peeing in it (almost 7 doesn't seem to stop occasional accidents) before Halloween, we'll be doing great!!


1 comment:
Oh my griefin' goodness. He is absolutely the cutest little boy... And where did you get that adorable costume? E. would kill for that. (Okay, he probably wouldn't go that far, but he would LOVE it...)
Post a Comment