Sunday, October 30, 2005

Proud of my cake!

I have spent the last 8 years going from one embarrassingly bad cake to another. I'm thankful I didn't have a digital camera so I can not show you Seth's first birthday cake. It was a terrifying pumpkin. It was so ugly. Things have improved a bit each year, but I am rarely proud of my cake. The Egyptian pyramid was an exception. It was good. I have finally realized a very simple truth. You have to start early and plan to actually spend a little time. It is not the kind of thing you can whip together at the last minute. Duh!

Seth really wanted a Dash (from The Incredibles) cake. I could find no pattern so I just decided to wing it. Here is my result.




The big hit present of the night came from Grandpa Larry. Here it is....



It evoked this....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks great! :)

Followers

Blog Archive