Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November is here

The last week of October always feels a bit crazy because of a birthday and Halloween. Last night we went trick-or-treating for the first time. Our old church had a harvest party and we did that instead. This year, we went with friends and had a great time. It was perfect fall weather! Brisk, but not too cold. Just cold enough that the caramel apple cider (with caramel whip cream) warmed our stomachs just right! You already saw Mr Incredible, but here is the jaguar. (She is *not* a cat! She is a jaguar.)















The pumpkins are starting to mold and ready to be thrown out. Have I ever told you that I absolutely LOVE the color of pumpkins?











So, the first day of November I take a deep breath and get those excited butterflies in my stomach as I think about the approach of the holiday season. I can't wait to start advent, and get my kids their ornament, and listen to Christmas music (although I religiously wait until the day after Thanksgiving to get it out.)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Savannah and I were singing Christmas carols as we walked the dog last night... it made me really want to dig out the Christmas CDs. I can never wait until after Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I have uploaded all my Christmas CDs onto ITunes on my computer. I also have bookmarked several web sites with fabulous Christmas music shows> Here is one:
http://www.wksu.org/ornaments2001/. I confess that I had to "check" to see if ITunes uploaded the songs correctly. No one was home so I sang aloud by myself. I love Christmas!
HMBalison

Anonymous said...

Your daughter looks EXACTLY like you! How cute. Love the costumes!

That caramel apple cider thing sounds delicious. Heading to the kitchen to see what I can cook up...

Followers

Blog Archive