Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thankfulness...

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
Come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
We are his people, the sheep of his parture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
And his courts with praise;
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

I am thankful for the big things in life-God's enduring love and faithfulness, my family, and my health. But, there are a lot of little things I'm thankful for too!
  • early mornings with coffee
  • being able to turn up the heater when I'm chilly
  • a good nights sleep (after last week I'm very thankful for this)
  • a job that I love
  • the Seahawks have the best record in the NFC (maybe excited more than thankful :-))
  • our library
  • a clean house
  • thankful, thoughtful kids (well, except for yesterday :-))
  • the fact that it snows here (oh, please, please snow soon)
  • books on tape in the car with the kids and the common phrases we get from them
  • learning new things
  • a husband who gives me evenings to myself especially after long days (like yesterday)
  • new beginnings each day
  • children who are enthusiastic learners (well, except for....yah, you guessed it...yesterday)
  • a new bottle of bubble bath

The list could go on and on, but it is enough for now. I'm thankful for the little things.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great list... I'm thankful for so many of the same things...

I need to go turn up the heat now...

Laney said...

Great list, Mindy!

Followers

Blog Archive