Thursday, November 10, 2005

I feel like a sitting duck...

Last night two more members of my family succumbed to the bug. I think that my days are numbered. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be an awful bug that leaves that death-like feeling. Why is it that children always throw up in the middle of the night? Why can't it be during the day when I am rested and mentally prepared to clean the carpet? Actually, I am getting a cold and I think I feel worse than the rest of my family. All in all, it could be worse. Everyone was healthy yesterday so I didn't have to get a sub at school. We have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day and so we can all recuperate!

Well, nothing more uplifting than a "My family is sick" blog entry, eh? On a higher note, last night I read The Prayer of Jabez. It was an encouragement to pray big prayers and watch God work miracles. How easy it is for my prayers to become routine and inspired. I want to be a woman who prays and watches God work miracles.

1 comment:

Di said...

I am so sorry that the next two have succumed. I hope that you avoid it, and that your sleep will be uninterrupted.

If you solve the mystery of the middle of the night vomit you will be famous. We could vaccinate against it, and mothers and fathers could sleep without fear of violent intrusions to their sleep!

I'm praying for your ill family tonight.

Love,
Diane

Followers

Blog Archive