Thursday, November 17, 2005

Praying for sleep tonight...

I'm running on about 12 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights....total. Although I'm feeling better (not great, but better) I can not stop coughing in order to get to sleep. I've tried it all...cough medicine, cough medicine with codeine, cough drops, hot tea and lemon, etc. Last night I got desperate about midnight, stumbled downstairs, grabbed the bottle of tequila from the shelf and drank a straight shot. This is not something I ever do (unless it is blended into a margarita). It did soothe and make me feel sleepy but it still took about an hour after that to dose off.
My brain is working at about half of normal speed and efficiency and I feel a strange fog around me. But, enough about my health..blah,blah,blah. Soon and very soon I'll be back to normal routine and I'll try and post something interesting.

5 comments:

Di said...

Oh, Mindy,

We need a light on our phones that let us know the other is up. I have been doing the same thing for the same reason.

Hmmmm....I never thought of the shot of tequila. Sounds gross, but it might work (-:

I (cough, cough) hope you feel better (hack, hack) soon. Mine sure is lingering; it makes me feel old and grouchy.

~Diane

Patty in WA or Rover said...

Liquor is quicker but Benadryl is better. How pathetic is that? But I do use it for sleepiness sometimes.

I'm sorry. Lack of sleep stinks. I hope you feel better.

I've been so hopped up on Prednisone that I've not been much better than you in the sleep dept. I feel like the bed is a rotisserie.

Laney said...

Na-nana-nana-na-na, na-nana-nana-na-na, na-nana-nana-na-na...TEQUILA!!! :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist the Pee-Wee Herman moment!

We drink Nyquil straight out of the bottle, if that makes you feel any better. *grin* No measuring cups for us, just chug until feeling sleepy!

I tried to e-mail you, but I didn't see a place for it here. I just wanted to know what happened to the threads last night. Right after I refused to recant to Butch, my mother and sister came to pick me up for some Christmas shopping. I feel badly about being part of a deleted thread, I just can't bear her presense. I should not have posted anything, but my sinful self got the best of me! Grrr...

I love your posts, Mindy, you are such a breath of fresh air!

Crissy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Mindy.

Crissy

Cathy said...

You crack me up with your tequila. Too funny.

Followers

Blog Archive