Monday, November 21, 2005

The Photo challenge...and part 3 of the women in my life


Someone on the Well Trained mind board said they take a picture-a-day in December of their favorite Christmas things. I love that idea, so guess what you'll be seeing some of. The kids are going to choose and then make a little book.
I decided that I needed to start a little early since my Christmas cactus will be all bloomed out by Christmas. Personally, I think that Christmas cacti (cactuses?) are ugly about 11.5 months out of the year. But, I love mine when it blooms because it reminds me of my Grandma. She had several huge ones in her house. Mine is a start from one of hers. She always got the biggest kick out of the fact that they were called Christmas cactus but bloomed at Thanksgiving. So, when I see mine blooming it makes me happy and reminds me of my Grandma. One of the first posts on my blog was about this special lady. Rather than repeat it, I'll link back and let you read about the third special lady in my family. So, I keep the plant up high for most of the year and bring it down and celebrate when it blooms!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive