Thursday, November 10, 2005
How do I know that my husband is sick?
First, a little background for those who don't know Danny. He is not sentimental and doesn't cry easily. He is not usually moved by books or movies unlike his wife (me) who loves nothing more than a good cathartic cry at a sad book. I cry at those patriotic songs that tug at your heart strings. I cry at Hallmark commercials. And, Pa always makes me cry on Little House on the Prairie. But, Danny doesn't. He also doesn't read much fiction. He is more of a non-fiction kinda guy. But, he is reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in Spanish. He likes to read fiction in Spanish to practice and increase his vocab. Today, I walked into the bedroom (he has not left today) and he sheepishly admitted that when Ron and Harry had made up from their tift he cried. He recognized the fact that he was not at his most stable self today. I thought I was going to split a gut laughing. Nice sensitive wife, eh? He only told me because he knew I would find it amusing. I know those of you who know Danny are laughing along with me to think of him crying at Harry Potter. I just had to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
November
(18)
- All this...and Christmas too!
- A Monday List
- The first day of advent...
- Doesn't everyone Scotchguard their carpet on Thank...
- Shakespeare overheard....
- Thankfulness...
- The Photo challenge...and part 3 of the women in m...
- Finally feeling better!!
- Praying for sleep tonight...
- I heard the most disturbing thing at the mall...
- There's more...
- So far, so good
- How do I know that my husband is sick?
- I feel like a sitting duck...
- And just like that...it is gone.
- What a difference a year makes...
- The Women in my life...Part 2
- November is here
-
▼
November
(18)
1 comment:
Yes, laughing here. Very sweet, actually!
Diane
Post a Comment