Thursday, September 01, 2005

Today my Grandma would have been 87


Today I have been thinking of a lady who was very special to me. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will do it. She was my Grandma Nadine and today was her birthday. She loved it because she thought it was special to be born on the first of the month. She thought everything was special. Like baths and the lake and telling me stories of her childhood. She loved hugely, laughed often, and lived and died with dignity and grace. Sure, near the end, she repeated her stories over and over. What I wouldn't give to hear one of them one more time today.

5 comments:

Di said...

You're blogging!!! YAHOO! Now, all my blogging dreams have come true.

Thanks for your email earlier today. I'll be back in cyberspace soon. Real life has been requiring 24/7 of late.

Welcome to the blogosphere.

Diane

Mindy Buller said...

My first comment. How appropriate from my mentor! :-) Thanks, Diane.

Cathy said...

Yay!!! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist for long.

Love your blog title - it's perfect!

Where's your profile picture?

Mindy Buller said...

Well, I need a good photographer. Do you know of any? :-) It took me quite a while to scan the picture of my Grandma and get it right. I'll get there. Will you take a picture of me? Thanks!

Cathy said...

Of course I'll take your picture!!! I'll take lots and then you can change them every day if you want to! You have to let me take some beatnik ones though...

Followers

Blog Archive