There are the "biggys" like my family, my husband, my kids and God. But, I'm talking about those little things that give life that the flavor and spice.
I love (not listed in order of significance):
- a hot cup of good coffee
- a cold cup of good coffee (read: Iced Skinny Sugar Free Creme de Menthe Single Latte)
- reading a good book (or even a marginal book)
- Carmex chapstick (I'm addicted-I have heard it referred to as Lip-crack and I understand this term)
- popcorn-especially the kind with gobs of the butter substitute at movie theaters.
- Brie cheese (right, Patty?)
- reading out loud to my kids
- hot sunny days by a pool
- fresh sheets (when I remember its time to wash them)
- watching football on a Sunday afternoon (go Seahawks!)
- school supplies
- reading (did I mention that already?)
- Post-it-notes (There will be special seat in heaven for the one who invented Post-it-notes!)
- playing games
- singing around a campfire
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- logic puzzles (I know, I'm letting my inner-geek show through)
- my new laptop!!!!!
- teaching... especially my own kids, but also at the school where I teach part time (our public school's co-op for homeschool kids)
- musicals (Les Mis is my favorite)
- singing at the top of my lungs in the car (or the shower, etc...)
- crocheting, knitting, scrapbooking and quilting when I have time (read: these things rarely get done)
- school (I know, I know, I'm a geek, but I like studying and taking classes)
Well, I guess that it enough for now. I'm sure I'll think of 100 more later, but hey, that will give me something else to blog about. (Did I mention I love to read? :-))
8 comments:
Did you know that the man who invented "stickies" did so in order to be able to mark the hymns in preparation for church. He happened to be a 3M scientist==a problem solver who was tired of his slips of paper sliding out of the hymnbook after he had marked the places.
Welcome to blogland.
Good list, and it was fun to add you to my faves list.
About the butter-flavor popcorn thing- did you know you can make that at home? You just need two things; Coconut butter, and a butter flavoring (comes in little bottles, make sure you get the good stuff.). It just takes a drop or two of the butter flavoring, it is very strond. But this is how they do it in the theatres, and it works well for us dairy-free folks, if you don't look too hard at the fact that we aren't supposed to eat corn either, sigh and a giggle.
LB
LB: stay out of that popcorn! :)
Mindy: What a great list. Coffee, brie and the Seahawks would be in my top 10 as well.
Crissy
Chrissy, it's a date! LB, you are invited too if you bring the coconut oil. Patty, you know what you can bring. :-)
Ooh - what would you do if I invited you over to scrapbook on a Seahawk Sunday??? Choices, choices... I know - I'll throw in some brie and I know you'll come!
Great list. I'm proud to say I could have made it for you, with the exception of the logic puzzles - I probably wouldn't have put that on your list - but it makes perfect sense and fits you perfectly.
Hey there! Welcome to blogdom. It'll be fun to get to know you better here.
~ Today's our first day of school and I'm salivating over the new books and pencils. Inner-geeks testify!
"Iced Skinny Sugar Free Creme de Menthe Single Latte" skinny and sugar free? What's the point? :)
Crissy- I spent an hour last night looking for this site where they sell popRICE instead of popcorn, but could not find it!
Mindy-So when is this party, and can I come for the company even if I am one of those people who know nothing of the Seahawks, other than that Crissy takes some beautiful pics of them?
LB
LB, you are invited over *any* time. :-)
Cath, hmmmm, can we have the game on in the background while we scrapbook?
Sparrow, it was worse when I gave up caffeine for lent because then I'd have to add decaf to the list! I usually would just say, take everything good out of it.
popRICE? Now that sounds interesting!
Post a Comment