I crawled to the gym this morning at 5:30, handed the desk girl my card backwards expecting her to be able to scan me in. My brain was not yet functioning. It was one of those days when I did not want to get up. My throat is starting to hurt, and quite frankly....it's my molting season "Why did I get up this morning?" you may ask. Danny and I have a deal, unless I tell him the night before that I am not going to the gym, I have to get up and put my clothes on before I decide whether to skip or not. Accountability! So, I got out of bed and put on my clothes thinking I would skip my weight training class and just ride the bike (read: pedal slowly while reading my book and counting it as exercise.) However, when I got there (late) my friend was in the class. She waved me in. It was easier to go in and join her than to explain why I didn't feel like it. Accountability! Here I am now feeling very glad that I did my workout, but I guarantee you that if it were up to me I'd still be in bed right now. Thanks, Danny and Amy. I appreciate the accountability.
Whenever people ask how can I stop (insert bad habit here) or start (insert good habit here) I always encourage them to find someone to keep them accountable. Not the "that's-OK-you'll-do-better-tomorrow" kind of accountability, but the "get-your-rear-into-aerobics-class-if-I-have-to-do-it-so-do-you!" kind of accountability.
Now....where did I hide those brownies?
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
September
(25)
- What more do I need?
- Salsa Chicken
- What do you do when....
- Sleepless girl powers....activate!
- Yesterday was our first day of school...
- Look, I did it!
- By the big red barn...
- In chemistry (and our family) opposites attract
- Be Thou My Vision
- That's what I love about Sundays....
- Does it get any cuter than 6 year olds playing soc...
- Who knew Mrs. Fawkes was in on the whole sordid af...
- Great minds think alike! But some are lazier than...
- Student Learning Plans
- A Spiritual Thirst
- The power of accountability
- Do you love what you do?
- A Snapshot of the Family
- Thanks for the plug, Diane
- Molting Season?
- Things I love
- So many books...so little time!
- Proverbs 31 Woman??
- Today my Grandma would have been 87
- Why "A New Song"?
-
▼
September
(25)
1 comment:
Speaking of accountability, how are you doing with those brownies??? Sorry I haven't called to check in with you about that. I've been struggling this week - you'd think with Asia gone, it would be easier. Ugh.
Post a Comment