Of course my fear is I won't be witty enough to make anyone smile, poignant enough to make anyone cry, astute enough to make anyone think, or wise enough to make anyone leave encouraged. (Welcome to blogging, eh?) These are all feelings I have daily when I read all of your blogs!
Diane, your post reminded me of the poem we are all memorizing to start the school year. I unfortunately don't know the author and first saw it on The Well Trained Mind boards
A Student's Prayer
God the all-wise, and Creator of the human intellect,
Guide our search for truth and knowledge, all our thoughts and ways direct.
Help us build the towers of learning that would make us wise, astute,
On the rock of Holy Scripture: truth revealed and absolute.
O how vast the shores of learning - there are still uncharted seas,
And they call to bold adventure those who turn from sloth and ease.
But we need Thy hand to guide us in the studies we pursue,
And the presence of Thy Spirit to illumine all we do.
May the things we learn, so meager, never lift our hearts in pride
Till in foolish self-reliance we would wander from Thy side.
Let them only bind us closer, Lord to Thee, in whom we find,
Very fountainhead of wisdom, light and life of all mankind.
This is what I pray for my kids as I guide their education.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
September
(25)
- What more do I need?
- Salsa Chicken
- What do you do when....
- Sleepless girl powers....activate!
- Yesterday was our first day of school...
- Look, I did it!
- By the big red barn...
- In chemistry (and our family) opposites attract
- Be Thou My Vision
- That's what I love about Sundays....
- Does it get any cuter than 6 year olds playing soc...
- Who knew Mrs. Fawkes was in on the whole sordid af...
- Great minds think alike! But some are lazier than...
- Student Learning Plans
- A Spiritual Thirst
- The power of accountability
- Do you love what you do?
- A Snapshot of the Family
- Thanks for the plug, Diane
- Molting Season?
- Things I love
- So many books...so little time!
- Proverbs 31 Woman??
- Today my Grandma would have been 87
- Why "A New Song"?
-
▼
September
(25)
5 comments:
I googled to see if I could find the source -- I only found it quoted here:
http://nbbconline.com/RSWeb/rsnosummervacation.htm
but without the source.
I have this in my binder, along with the two quotes I included the other day. Janie (of Seasonal Soundings fame) is the one that quoted them. LOVE it.
Have no fear -- you have far more to offer than you can even imagine. Others may be inspirational, but never forget that you PRACTICE (and beautifully) what you preach. I am just glad to refer to you as something besides "Mindy, oh she doesn't have a blog (-:"
Happy Tuesday,
Diane
*The one *WHO* quoted them*, not *THAT*.
Some*one*, not some*thing* -- aaargh!!
Better just get back to work! (-:
Diane
I'm just trying to get my kids to not pick their noses at school and you're memorizing poems that I have to slow down and read carefully to comprehend...
You never cease to amaze me, Min.
Hello,
I go to NBBC (New Beginnings Baptist Church). That excerpt that Circle of Quiet quoted is from a book that Mrs. Pam Ianello wrote. She is the Pastor's wife.
Stop by if you are in Tennessee!
God Bless
Post a Comment