
Kind of. We really did school-lite all summer and we started up with full fall force right before Labor Day. I have been back at TEC for almost 3 weeks getting set up, teachers' meetings, orientations for new families and meeting with families to write their learning plans. But, yesterday, the kids donned their new school clothes, grabbed their new lunch packs (with a little note from Mommy) and had their first TEC classes. They have wonderful teachers (OK, one of them is me) and great classes. They were glad to be back and I was so glad to actually be with the students. It was a very fun day. Of course, I'm pooped when the day is over, but it was great to be with the kids. Especially because this year I am working more with the teens than I have the last couple of years. I love teen-agers. I can really appreciate them from the safe distance of a 6 and 8 year old. Being with these kids reminds me to laugh at their idiosyncrasies. God, please give me the same grace to laugh at my own this way when the time comes.
2 comments:
Oh goodness - could they be any cuter???
And my - what nice roses you have! =)
What a lovely picture, Mindy!
My boys take classes through a program similar (I think) to TEC.
We met with the principal this week to discuss changes to learning plans, etc. and she gave us a link to the preliminary report on the ALE Programs Study.
Interesting stuff contained in the report. Have you read it?
Crissy
Post a Comment