Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Do you love what you do?

Mrs M-mv posed the question, "Do you love what you do? http://mentalmultivitamin.blogspot.com/ I reflected on what I am doing right now and smiled knowing the answer is Yes! Even when I hear my friends talking of empty houses and free time I still know I can answer, "Yes!" I love what I do at home with my kids. When everyone else was sending their kids to the bus stop we were curled up on the couch reading "Half Magic" by Edward Eager. When they begged for another chapter I didn't argue because I couldn't wait to see what happened either.

I really love my part time teaching job. http://www.tecspokane.com It keeps me very busy but I love to work with families who have just started the home school journey and families who have been doing it a lot longer than I have. We are all learning from each other. I love the grown-up-teacher part of my job that has me interacting with adults at an engaging level. I love the fun silly interaction with kids from K to grade 12. I love that my kids come and take classes from these great teachers.

Thanks for the question Mrs. M-mv! Here's to loving what you do today. If you don't, go out and find something you do love!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mind...
Yet another side of your personality that I'm just discovering. I'm so proud of you for the way that you do things well. For taking on homeschooling with relish (as opposed to a hot dog with relish) and for sharing your passion with others. If I were going to begin homeschooling, I couldn't imagine a better person to show me the ropes.

Randi said...

Yes, I love what I do! As with all things in life, I do get a bit discouraged sometimes, but in general I love being home with my kids. I love teaching them (and learning with them) and like the free time that I have to read, write and learn myself!

Followers

Blog Archive