Friday, September 02, 2005

Proverbs 31 Woman??

A few weeks ago we heard a wonderful sermon on the Proverbs 31 woman. Danny leaned over part way through and whispered to me with a sweet smile, "You have almost all of those qualities." First of all, you must know that Danny is not known for his compliments. He is a very loving husband, but showing it with words doesn't come easily for him. An interesting match for someone whose love language is words of affirmation.

So, do you think that I started to glow with pleasure at my husband's words? If you are a woman reading this, you already know the answer. Nope! I immediately started thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder which areas he thinks I fall short in?" "What does he mean almost?" You probably know the drill.

Now, I'm not prideful enough to actually think I meet all (or most, for that matter) of the virtuous qualities that characterizes the Proverbs 31 woman, so I don't know why my mind went there.

I finally stopped myself and realized the astonishing fact that my husband considers me to have almost all the qualities of that amazing woman. What better compliment could I ever get? What better gift could the Lord give me than a husband who actually thinks I am like her? Thanks, Danny, for the huge compliment and I hope God continues to put those love-colored filters over your eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

Awww - what a sweet guy! Knowing what high standards Danny has, I'd say you were almost perfect if he says that about you!

I don't know if I knew you were a "words of affirmation" gal. I'll have to give you more words... (well, at least more affirming ones...)

Anonymous said...

His compliment is quite a compliment!!!

Followers

Blog Archive