Saturday, September 24, 2005
Sleepless girl powers....activate!
At school yesterday we asked the teens what superpower they wished they had. Most wanted to fly. One wished he was batman because then he'd get the cool belt with the grappling hook. I decided I would like to be sleepless girl. I wish I had the power to never sleep and never be tired. I don't need as much sleep as most. 6-7 hours a night does me just fine and I have never been a napper! (What? nap...when there is a good book next to my bed?) I love the silent hours of the night when everyone is asleep and I have the world to myself. I can only imagine what I could get done (and read) in those coveted 7 hours that I am asleep. I know it is necessary, but I wish I didn't have to do it! Oh, imagine the books a person could read for 7 hours a day. So, what superpower would you choose?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
September
(25)
- What more do I need?
- Salsa Chicken
- What do you do when....
- Sleepless girl powers....activate!
- Yesterday was our first day of school...
- Look, I did it!
- By the big red barn...
- In chemistry (and our family) opposites attract
- Be Thou My Vision
- That's what I love about Sundays....
- Does it get any cuter than 6 year olds playing soc...
- Who knew Mrs. Fawkes was in on the whole sordid af...
- Great minds think alike! But some are lazier than...
- Student Learning Plans
- A Spiritual Thirst
- The power of accountability
- Do you love what you do?
- A Snapshot of the Family
- Thanks for the plug, Diane
- Molting Season?
- Things I love
- So many books...so little time!
- Proverbs 31 Woman??
- Today my Grandma would have been 87
- Why "A New Song"?
-
▼
September
(25)
8 comments:
Hmmm - good question. I would probably choose the power to transport - I'd love to be able to go spend the morning with my Mom and instantly be home in time to pick up E. from kindergarten.
Hey - since you can get by on so little sleep, maybe you can come over and let the puppy out to pee...
I'll be sleepless girl's best-friend, Sleepless Other Girl. Or, I might go for Hormonally Balanced Girl. That would probably be my family's choice.
~Diane
Very funny! I forgot to mention that any superhero power automatically comes with the ability to look good in the outfit. Think Wonder Woman. :-)
Hmmm,
I too would love to be able to be somewhere in a blink of an eye.
I think Hormonally Balanced Girl should have to power to balance out all her friends with the touch of her sparkly wand. That would be cool!
LB
Amazing Even Temper Woman! She can HOLD the hottest temper!
Not.
Oh well. It's nice to have a goal in life.
Oh, I am so glad to hear that I will look good in the outfit. I always wanted to be built like that!! This is sounding better and better.
Yours truly,
Hormonally Balanced Girl
Could I please have Non-Procrastinator Girl powers? It's amazing how much I can get done when I have a deadline to meet, and equally amazing how much I can NOT get done without one. ugh. Can't imagine the suit that would come with those powers, though. It seems like it would include reading glasses and yellow rubber gloves--not quite Wonder Woman material.
Post a Comment