
in the great green field...Tears came to my eyes as I listened to my 8 year old reading one of our old favorites to my niece. The same expressions I used to have. The same leading questions I used to ask. The same enthusiam I feigned the fourth time through the book. Wasn't it just a fraction of a second ago? I pray my niece grows up with a fraction of the love of reading that Annsley has. I know one thing. Babysitting now takes on a whole new meaning. I blog. She reads. I. love. it.
2 comments:
You were a busy blogger today, weren't you?
That was one of our very favorite board books - I must have read it a million times. I always yawned on the third page - the one with the haystack... weird. It's not a super well known book - but my kids LOVED it.
I love it! The number of times I have read that book... it's been a while and I can still start on page one in my head.
~Diane
Post a Comment