One of the duties of my job includes reviewing home scoooling families' Student Learning Plans. This can be a huge pleasure to chat with great people about the cool things that they are learning. I think we should all (yup, even the grown-ups) have our own Student Learning Plan. At school our plans ask 3 questions.
1. What is your goal
2. What resources are you going to use to achieve the goal?
3. How will you evaluate whether you have reaced this goal.
So, I challenge you to come up with a learning goal for the year. What do you want to learn or do this year that you haven't done before? Here are several of my goals for the year.
1. Continue reading through the classics book list in Well Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
2. Write an on-line math class (this is something I'm doing for work, but I don't yet know what I'm doing. I'm a little scared about this, but also very excited about learning something new!)
3. Draw in my art journal
What are yours?
Monday, September 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
September
(25)
- What more do I need?
- Salsa Chicken
- What do you do when....
- Sleepless girl powers....activate!
- Yesterday was our first day of school...
- Look, I did it!
- By the big red barn...
- In chemistry (and our family) opposites attract
- Be Thou My Vision
- That's what I love about Sundays....
- Does it get any cuter than 6 year olds playing soc...
- Who knew Mrs. Fawkes was in on the whole sordid af...
- Great minds think alike! But some are lazier than...
- Student Learning Plans
- A Spiritual Thirst
- The power of accountability
- Do you love what you do?
- A Snapshot of the Family
- Thanks for the plug, Diane
- Molting Season?
- Things I love
- So many books...so little time!
- Proverbs 31 Woman??
- Today my Grandma would have been 87
- Why "A New Song"?
-
▼
September
(25)
2 comments:
****GASP!!!*** You have an art journal??? That is so stinkin' cool and not something I would have ever guessed from you.
Okay - here are my goals.
1. Read two books a month - one fiction and one non-fiction.
2. Save $200 of my class earnings a month.
3. Connect with someone once a week - either with a phone call or a coffee date... do you wanna be my first coffee date? ;)
It is not a very full art journal yet, and, of course I want to be your first coffee date!
Post a Comment