Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Women in my life...Part 1

The teachers are modeling an "I AM" project for the students. I got the family history one. I decided to talk and write about the incredible women in my life.

My Mom-She is the one person I look up to more than anyone. She is wise, funny, and a very Godly woman. She serves people tirelessly. She went to a young woman's house who just had surgery to watch her kids and cook for her. She thought it was a good day because she actually got some cleaning done there too. She is generous with her time and her money. She gives and gives. She loves the Bible and studies diligently. She writes the best Sunday school curriculum for preschoolers I've ever seen. She is a perfectionist, which drove me nuts as a teen-ager. OK, sometimes it still drives me nuts because I am not one. She loves my kids and when I pick them up from her house she makes me feel like she didn't have them long enough rather than being relieved to send them home. She is young both at heart and in looks. She cares about things like hair and lipstick and she really did try with me, but much to her chagrin, it never took with me. She would be horrified to read this about herself because she doesn't like to be the center of attention and her love language is not words of affirmation. And, quite honestly, she probably wouldn't get the whole blog-thing. Why would you spend time writing to "strangers" and why would you spend time reading others? She makes me laugh and she helps me with my flowers.

I love my mom! I love being her daughter! I want to be like her in so many ways! I want my daughter to grow up with the same affection for me that I have for my mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time visiting your blog. Love your banner. Very cute! How did you do the frame?

Mindy Buller said...

Thanks, Tawnya. I have a photo editing software that I was playing around with and it has all kinds of borders around it. I'd like to tell you that I am very clever with graphic design and such, but alas, I am an extreme novice! Thanks for checking out my blog. Mindy

Followers

Blog Archive