Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Giggling at inappropriate times....

Sometimes I giggle when I shouldn't and then I can't stop. When I was in college I toured with a singing group. We would perform in different churches each week. One Sunday after we were done with our concert the pastor came up and asked our leader to stay on stage and "tinkle lightly on the keys." Well, my friend and I started to giggle. (Yes, we were up in front of an audience.) Fortunately we made it off stage before we totally lost it.

My uncle just told me of a wedding he attended where the priest said (about the bride), "And Tracy, we know you heart is as big as your chest." He never did figure out what he'd said, although there were quiet snickers in the audience. If I had been that bride I know I would have lost it.

Does anyone want to share their situation where they were caught giggling at an inappropriate time? Or am I the only one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'll never forget when my sister and I were at my grandfather's funeral, and something made us start giggling, and we COULD NOT stop. My mother was so mad at us, but there was nothing we could do. We'd look at each other and start laughing again.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and another time, my four sisters and I were at the Nutcracker ballet at the very fancy SF Opera House--right in the front row of box seats. This meant that we saw all the dancers up close, and instead of looking elegant, all the dancers looked bald! We couldn't believe it, and we kept laughing and laughing because they all looked so funny. Again, my mother was not pleased. We never sat in box seats again.

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I went to a wedding of a couple who had lived together a few years first.

The minister held the ring aloft, and intoned, "The ring has been a symbol of love for time immoral. (beat beat) Immortal."

Followers

Blog Archive