Sunday, October 09, 2005

Jobs I'll never do....

Some things I have learned about myself have lead me to know that I will never do the following jobs.

1. Any kind of surgery. I'm not at all queasy and in fact I got to watch my sister-in-law's C-section. It was very cool. However, the operating table is no place for someone who is not a perfectionist. I like to get the general idea, but get a little bogged down in minute details.

2. Those people who stand and hold road signs. This job would be torture to me. To have to stand in the same spot and not be able to do things at once. One thing I inherited from my father is the ability to do several things at the same time. We tease him that he reads, watches TV, listens to the radio and takes a nap at the same time. Perhaps if I could listen to good books on tape or something to make it productive time it would be better. I think those people should be able to have a little stool or something. They do get paid well, but I would go out of my mind! I don't even blow dry my hair unless I have a book in front of me. (OK, *if* I blow dry my hair. :-))

3. A photographer. I haven't given up on this one totally yet, but it is time I came to the conclusion, No, it isn't just that I don't have a good camera. It is me! I do want to improve in this skill....and then get an expensive camera. :-)

4. An aerobics instructor. I would say, "OK, ladies, that's enough for today. You've worked hard enough" about 20 minutes into the class. I work out because I want to stay in shape and healthy, but I don't have that inner drive that some people talk about.

If you haven't checked out mental multivitamin recommend a dose. Scroll down to her post yesterday (titled I think) to read what I wish I could write. She always manages to put into words much of what I think about learning and home educating! I'll probably never be a writer either, but I like to read good ones!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

Oh Min -

I think you'd be a fabulous sign holder. You look so good without makeup and you could wear pigtails and smile and wave at all the passers-by... so let's think of things you could do at the same time.
1. You could work on your memory verses.
2. You could flex and release your ab muscles. In a week you'd have a six pack.
3. You could pass out religious tracts to the cars.
4. You could think of names using the license plate letters... mine are PNB - Phillip Nathaniel Barnaby, or whatever.
5. You could pretend that you only speak Spanish to all your co-workers.
6. You could plan parties for all the workers - organize lunch break potlucks and after work soirees... I'm sure this is an oft' neglected area.
7. You could learn a lot of cool walkie-talkie lingo.
8. You know those guys in LA who come up at intersections and wash your windows? 'Nuf said.

Mindy Buller said...

I bet that wouldn't be the only lingo I would pick up! And, I don't do windows. You already know that I'm not a great party organizer (although I love to attend them!) Good ideas, though. I'll keep them in mind.

Mental multivitamin said...

"Oh Min -

I think you'd be a fabulous sign holder. You look so good without makeup and you could wear pigtails and smile and wave at all the passers-by... so let's think of things you could do at the same time."

Okay, so, see, I thought the same thing... "Wow, she'd sure look better than the folks I usually see doing that job. Mindy would be a sign-holder who was more than easy on the eyes."

But then I thought I'd sound like a stalker. I had already written a note on the photo of Mindy and her family, something to the effect that no one had told me that Mindy was smart *and* gorgeous.

Never received a reply, so I figured that was a little, as they say, "Too much."

Heh, heh, heh.

Thanks for the nod, Mindy.

Mindy Buller said...

Too much? Have I not mentioned my "love language" is words of affirmation!! Can't be too much. :-) Somehow, MFS, I don't see you as the stalking type. I send people your way any chance I get.

Followers

Blog Archive