Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hooray Seahawks!!!

Sorry to any Cowboy fans out there, but I have to celebrate with someone! The Seahawks won their game today with one of those unbelievable football endings. For those who missed the game (and are still reading this) Seahawks were down by 7 with 2 minutes left. Scored great touchdown to tie the game. Kicked off to Cowboys with 30 seconds left. Cowboys throw an interception and Seahawks run it back. Seahawks score 50 yard field goal to win the game with 0 seconds left on the clock!! The Seahawks usually seem to be on the losing end of these games so it was especially sweet!

Why do I care, you ask? I don't know, but I have loved football and the Seahawks since I was a little girl watching with my Dad. Why am I telling you? Because my husband could care less! He endured my exciting rendition of the game with only slightly more enthusiasm than he would have if had watched it himself. (Think flatline, here.) I am a girl who loves football married to a man who doesn't. Isn't this some kind of a cosmic waste? Wouldn't many men love to have their wife by their side during the "big game?" Alas, I have to comfort myself with the fact that I'm teaching my son (and my daughter, I might add) to enjoy watching football. Maybe Annsley will marry someone who loves to watch sports.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

You and your football... it does seem a shame that Danny cannot appreciate this side of you. Of course, I can't really picture you married to some football crazed sports fanatic...

Love your new photo banner - that's a FABULOUS family picture.

Di said...

But the real question is, how was dinner? What did you wear? What did you eat? What color lipstick did you buy?

Okay, so I am a football fan, but there hasn't been anyone in California to root for for so long that I am close to not be interested (-:

Diane

Crissy said...

Oh, Mindy, I'll celebrate with you.
It was wonderful.
Soggy, yes, but what a game!
Josh's reaction after that field goal was priceless.

DH and I are still up printing pictures that will go in just outside the locker room tomorrow. We're tired, but happy. And next week is Bye week so my husband will have a couple of days off before heading to Arizona.

Go Seahawks!

Crissy

Followers

Blog Archive