Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Fancy Date

Tonight Danny and I are going to a very upscale restaurant in town...without the kids. First of all, we don't go out alone a ton because quite frankly, we enjoy being with our kids and our time with them in our home won't last forever. We do more family dates than couple dates and we are both happy with this. But, tonight we can't take our kids because I have a "mystery shop." There are three restaurants that every few months I get to attend, eat a nice meal, write a report, and get reimbursed for the meal. I only get the really nice restaurant once a year or so and it is tonight. It will be fun. We just celebrated the 18th anniversary of our first date on the 17th. How could it possibly be 18 years. I am 37. This means I have officially been dating my husband for longer than the time I didn't know him. That is weird!!

The problem is this, I have to go get dressed up. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal and I really don't enjoy getting gussied up. I don't do hair. I don't own lipstick. I shun nylons. The only way this dinner would be perfect is if I could go in exactly what I have on right now. But, beggars can't be choosers and I am very excited to go on a nice date with Danny. We'll have a long conversation...probably about the kids. :-)

By the way, our first date was to see the movie Fatal Attraction. Nice, eh? Actually, we didn't know at the time it was our first date. We were going to go with a bunch of people who all bailed out on us. So, we decided retroactively that is was our first date. :-) It makes a good story, anyway. My sweet husband remembered that date somehow and wished me Happy Anniversary.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oooh - fun! Hope you had a great time.

And you can't fool me - you clean up beautifully. We really should get you a tinted lip balm or something though. =)

Followers

Blog Archive