Thursday, October 06, 2005

Things I love...part 2

I haven't had much to say for several days so I thought if I started talking about things I love it would get the little gray matter moving.

1. Christmas-every part of it! I love the decorations, the bustle of the mall, the smells, the baking, the cards, the gifts, the wrapping, the traditions, the tree, (fake -so I can leave it up from the day after Thanksgiving until sometime after New Years Day), and advent activities. I love it even more through the joy in my children. Yesterday I had my first flutter about being excited for Christmas.

2. What my friend Cathy dubbed as fall frippery . It is so beautiful here right now it takes my breath away daily.

3. Quiet mornings where I don't have to rush off to school. We linger over our book at breakfast. The kids beg to read another chapter. I comply. They don't know that I had already planned to read more.

4. Learning something new. Right now I'm both taking and developing an online class. This isn't the same kind of love like Christmas (or Post-it notes) but the kind that makes me feel great when I go to bed at night knowing I am still growing and learning.

5. Music-all kinds!

6. Taking a bubble bath-with my book d'jour. This is a habit I started early in life and one of my favorite places to read is the tub. Of course, you can usually tell which books I have read. Let's just say if you want your books to stay pristine looking you may not want to lend them to me. My books look well read, and (gasp) I dog ear the corners to mark my page. I'm sorry if I have offended any bibliophiles out there.

7. Popcorn-any kind, but if I had my druthers it would be from the movie theater with a ton of that stuff they call butter on top. Mmmmmm, fake butter topping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous here too...my favorite time of the year. I feel totally energized in autumn.

Di said...

Ah, autumn! Ah, bubble baths! Ah, quiet mornings! You'll have to eat the popcorn and do the mall for both of us, but we do have many "favorite things" in common (-:

Frippery -- a great word.

(-: Diane

Cathy said...

Oh me too - aren't the trees just AMAZING right now... there's probably only about a week or two left of the color - I'm drinking it in...

You've totally made me want popcorn now.

Patty in WA or Rover said...

No no no. Kettle corn.

Our school room (ha) looks out at some maples that *blind* me when they turn completely. Also on a bird feeder that has us laughing all the time these days while the birds are fatting up for winter. They are so obnoxious to each other. Today on a feeder with 6 perches we had 10 birds, and 4 fluttering trying to get a spot. The interesting thing is that that never ever knock off the goldfinch. Our State Bird.

Followers

Blog Archive