Sunday, February 26, 2006
Daily Bread
I was convicted during our communion singing time this morning while singing, "This is my daily bread...." that it is so easy for Christ to become second and certainly not as important as my "daily bread." (or coffee, or snack, or....) Because Easter is so early this year, I have not yet spent time thinking about how to approach this season. For the last two years I have given something up for Lent. I'm not yet sure what I will give up (or take up) this year. However, I know that my heart needs this desperately. The song continues to the Lord, "I'm desperate for you, I'm lost without you." I think it is coming off a time of being sick and busy, but I'm feeling the need for some serious deeper communion with my Heavenly Father. All of a sudden, I'm looking forward to the Lenten season and a time of focusing on Jesus. Anyone care to join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Reflections on Denver....
- Daily Bread
- Another funny....
- If only they grew up on the farm....
- Couch bound
- Revisit some old friends....
- New picture coming soon, I promise....
- A Day in the Homeschooling Life....
- Saved by the Olympics!
- I'm sick, grumble, grumble....
- Taste and see...
- Question for everyone....
- Note to self...Don't change your blog when grievin...
- Amazing Love
- I have just a little more to say about Night...
- Thoughts on books...
- A great football joke....(or is it a joke?)
-
▼
February
(17)
2 comments:
I'm with you. I look forward to Lent every year. We are talking about the "give up" (so we can identify with the sacrifice made for us) and the "take up" (so we can draw near to the one who made the supreme sacrifice) that will help us draw close this year. I'm not giving up any more foods (!) with this allergy program I am on, but I think I will "give up" some computer activities and "take up" a different schedule and attitude. I have a friend who gave up "getting angry" for Lent a couple of years ago. It made me realize that "getting angry" is as much an indulgence as chocolate (or whatever).
Interesting, Patty. I had thought the same thing. Glad to know someone has actually done it....my kids will love lent.
I will go to the Ash Weds. service with my mom again this week. I love the liturgy, and I even love the ash on my forehead!
Hope you feel 100% soon, Mindy.
Love,
Diane
Post a Comment