I already know that there are few happy endings in the Nazi death camps. Even those who survived lost more than I can even begin to imagine. But, I want a happy ending. I want Wiesel to cling to God to get him through the hardest times imaginable. I want him to come through with his faith stronger because of the trials. But that doesn't happen in Night. Wiesel says, "Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my Faith forever."
I can't explain why God allowed such things to happen. I can't even fault Wiesel for rejecting God in those circumstances. Who knows what I would do in those same circumstances. I know my faith in God is what carries me through the small (and I do mean oh, so very small, in comparison) trials.
I pray I will always turn toward Him. I pray I will cling to the promises in His Word. I pray that Christ will return soon and rid the world of evil!
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Reflections on Denver....
- Daily Bread
- Another funny....
- If only they grew up on the farm....
- Couch bound
- Revisit some old friends....
- New picture coming soon, I promise....
- A Day in the Homeschooling Life....
- Saved by the Olympics!
- I'm sick, grumble, grumble....
- Taste and see...
- Question for everyone....
- Note to self...Don't change your blog when grievin...
- Amazing Love
- I have just a little more to say about Night...
- Thoughts on books...
- A great football joke....(or is it a joke?)
-
▼
February
(17)
1 comment:
Books like that affect me in much the same way. I am sad for days after reading a book like the one you have described.
That was a beautiful post, Mindy.
Post a Comment