Boy, did I ever watch the Olympics this weekend. I find it amazing at how fast I find myself caring about a speed skater who used to be an inline skater or a darling read headed snow boarder. I really don't find any of the sports overwhelmingly interesting, but I think that NBC et al has done a good job of finding ways to make you care. The other thing I have appreciated about NBC is that I rarely have to turn off the commercials when my kids are in the room. Sure, they play the same ones over and over, but at least they are child suitable. When we watched football I had to keep one finger on the remote the whole time.
I loved watching the Russian who was knocked down in cross country fight to catch up and get the silver. I cried with Michelle Kwan as she withdrew from the Olympics. I had to stay up late last night to watch The Flying Tomato get his gold. That kid is just too cute!! All in all, I have been enjoying watching the Olympics. Of course, if I was feeling perky, I probably wouldn't have laid around watching all that coverage, but it was a nice time filler!
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Reflections on Denver....
- Daily Bread
- Another funny....
- If only they grew up on the farm....
- Couch bound
- Revisit some old friends....
- New picture coming soon, I promise....
- A Day in the Homeschooling Life....
- Saved by the Olympics!
- I'm sick, grumble, grumble....
- Taste and see...
- Question for everyone....
- Note to self...Don't change your blog when grievin...
- Amazing Love
- I have just a little more to say about Night...
- Thoughts on books...
- A great football joke....(or is it a joke?)
-
▼
February
(17)
3 comments:
I hope you are feeling better, Mindy.
I thank you for the prayers and good wishes over the past week.
Crissy
Happy V-Day, Mindy!
Hope it is a healthy and happy day!
I am going to have to google the Flying Tomato....somehow that has gotten past me :o)
Post a Comment