Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Revisit some old friends....

For Danny's birthday this year we got him season 2 of Gilligan's Island. When was the last time you watched Gilligan's Island? I highly suggest finding a copy and watching it through the eyes of a 7 & 8 year old. They really are very funny. The kids laugh hysterically every time Gilligan botches something and crashes into the Skipper knocking him over. They think Mr and Mrs Howell are funny (mostly because their Daddy thinks they are funny-lots of pro-Republican comments :-)) Sure, they don't totally get Ginger and her ways (fortunately), but they giggle at her voice, all the same. This show ain't gonna win any acting awards, but who can forget such classic plot lines as the Russian astronauts landing on the island and head hunters coming to get them? It makes me smile to here my kids sing along to the theme song that was a classic in my day!

Why is it that kids remember every quote from something that they have only seen once? I swear they remember every line and love to quote them to me all day. Between Gilligan's Island and Looney Tunes (the other set of DVD's we own) they are walking quotes. I can handle Gilligan far better than Daffy Duck and crew, I must admit. If my son says, "What's up, Doc?" one more time.....

Good clean fun. They just don't make them like that anymore! :-) It cracks me up to think that Gilligan used to be a prime time show. I wonder how it would compete with Desperate Housewives and Friends, etc.

Okay, I'm done waxing eloquent (or not) about this subject! Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

1 comment:

Laney said...

LOL, Mindy!

My boys are the same way with Andy Griffith and The Munsters. They love to imitate Herman Munster;s laugh! ROFL!

Followers

Blog Archive