Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm sick, grumble, grumble....

and what is worse is that the only books on my nightstand were Climbing Parnasus and Mendeleyev's Dream. One book is a treatise on classical education and the importance of learning Latin and Greek and the other is a book on the history of chemistry!! And I didn't feel like going to the library yesterday and it is closed today and tomorrow. (Grumble, grumble) I don't feel like reading any of the books I own, either! Grumble, grumble. Honestly, I feel like reading something by Danielle Steele or something like that. (Did I just lose half of my favorite readers?) I have come a long way in my reading pursuits, but every now and then, I just want to read something mindless. To tell the truth, I find that desire coming less and less, but in my weakened state....

I finished Climbing Parnassus last night, and perhaps someday I'll blog about my thoughts on it. I am halfway through Mendeleyev's Dream and I must confess that it is getting better as it goes. But, I have a long afternoon ahead of me I'm sure that one will be done before evening. I could start The Count of Monte Cristo, but it makes my brain hurt to think about it. Grumble, grumble.

The good news is that the fact that I have whittled my book stack down to 1 book on my nightstand means that I have been spending quite a bit of time reading. And that, is a good thing. Here's to stuffed up heads and noses!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mind: Do you need a book intervention? What can I help you with? Hmm. . .I've got some Clancy in the family room, or "Sisterchicks" in the living room. "The Count of Monte Cristo" makes my brain hurt, too. . .oh, wait, that's just my residual sinus headache from my cold. Well, I'm off to finish "Lost in a Good Book"--I'll be thinkin' of ya!

Needleroozer said...

I hear ya loud and clear! The Count has been laying on my beside table this whole last week, and I was barely able to pick it up. I hate being too sick to read! Pout, pout, sticking my whole bottom lip out. :-(
LB

Followers

Blog Archive