Friday, December 16, 2005

Cookie-paloosa!


Here is some of the work from my kids.

It is really all about getting as many sprinkles and as much candy as possible onto the cookie. My sister-in-law (my brother's wife, Erica) used to work at a cookie bouquet place and she makes absolutely gorgeous cookies. So, every year we get together and we all learn at the feet of the master! We had a great time with my mom, Danny's mom, Erica and her 2 young kids, LaNae and her 3 kids, and my cousin (who is on Christmas break from college and living at my parents house for break). It was a great time, and I produced some cookies that I am proud of. Of course, we all compare ourselves to Erica, but fortunately I took no pictures of Erica's cookies and you are just comparing mine to my kids cookies. I'm pretty sure I'll come out well on that deal!



These are the wreaths and candy canes. I just copied what Erica did, but I was pleased with them!













You can't see this very well, but there is some edible glitter on these cookies. They look prettier in real life.



I think I only gained about 6 pounds today!!

6 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Your cookies turned out wonderfully!

Are you sure your name is Mindy...and not Martha???

Laney said...

Only six pounds? LOL, you're doing well!

I just looked at all of those pictures, how sweet your snow angels are!

Nice cookies, I'm jealous.:-)

Crissy said...

Those are beautiful cookies! I especially like the snowflake.
I'm quite envious of your talent...I'm not a baker, myself.

Crissy

Cathy said...

So pretty. And I KNOW they're delicious.

Savannah and I decorated cookies yesterday too - we had my Mom helping and lots of Aunts and Uncles and cousins eating our work as fast as we could decorate.

Fun Christmas memories. I'm so glad your kids are having so much fun with their cousins.

Randi said...

Your cookies turned out great-very colorful! It sounds like you are getting a good headstart on those "unwanted holiday pounds"! ;)

Needleroozer said...

Wow! Those cookies are just gorgeous- too bad they aren't too pretty to eat, hmmm?
It is wonderful that your kids get to spend this time with their cousins, and have so much holiday fun together.
LB

Followers

Blog Archive