Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Thinking.....

A quote from Elisabeth Elliot today reminded me of another goal I have. To take time to think.
She says,

"Question-and-answer is a vanishing art. We are so drowned and smothered
and deafened by panels, dialogues, rap sessions, discussions, talk shows, and
other such exercises in the pooling of ignorance that, far from developing the
art of asking questions and giving answers, we have very nearly lost it
altogether. The time allotted for a program must, it seems, be filled--it
doesn't much matter with what."

If you want to have Elisabeth Elliot's daily devotion sent to your e-mail just sign up at Back to the Bible. There are other daily devotionals that can be sent to your e-mail as well.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I enjoyed that devotion this morning too... good things to ponder.

Laney said...

I love Elisabeth Elliot, too! I miss her radio program, it really got me going in the morning.

Do you really need the directions to the pirate ship? I can scan them into the computer and e-mail them to you. Let me know, I would be happy to help you! :-)

Followers

Blog Archive