Monday, December 26, 2005

Please skip this post!

I started making a list of projects I want to do this year and decided I would post it here, on my blog...for all to see. However, I would really rather that none of you actually read it so I won't be held accountable to actually do the following things. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but I do like to take stock of things in my life at semi-frequent intervals and Jan 1 always seems like a good time to do that. Call them resolutions if you wish, but don't hold to me to them!
  • Clean up my office (read: glorified closet with tables covered with books, home schooling stuff, craft projects, scrap booking supplies, lots of misc. Christmas stuff with no home, did I mention books?)-which was actually clean before the whirlwind called Christmas hit!
  • I'd like to get caught up on my scrapbook. I really enjoy scrapbooking, but finding time is difficult for me. Of course, this can only be done when my office is clean.
  • Post part 4 (and final) of The Women in my Life
  • Change the format of my blog a bit. This requires that I have a slight understanding of html which has so far included me copying other people's code and hoping I put it in the right place. I guess I'll continue with this method.
  • Continue my reading list from The Well Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer. I'm proud to say that this last year I read 17 books from this list (including Moby Dick). Some of my favorites were Native Son by Wright, Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, Uncle Tom's Cabin by Stowe and Jane Eyre by Bronte. I have 8 more books in the fiction section and then I'll start the autobiographies. I'm looking forward to challenging myself with those.
  • I have my work related stuff-which includes finishing writing the math class. I need to be done with unit 1 in two weeks, so this is an immediate project (with a hard and fast deadline.)
  • I'm going to be taking 2 classes this semester since the one I took last semester went so well. I got an A-.
  • We were in a great rhythm for school this fall and I want to keep on doing what we have been doing. No big changes with that. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)
  • Read The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
  • Starting Jan 1, I'm going to cut out refined sugars and white flours for a time. I am not eating as healthy as I like and my body is feeling it. Not so much in weight, but my blood sugar is not very well regulated and I can feel my blood sugar levels doing weird things (like head aches). I have a couple parties to get through this week, but I'm going cold turkey in Jan. I'm actually looking forward to this. I really enjoy eating healthy when I'm disciplined enough to do it!
  • And, of course, the Diet pop addict always needs to DRINK MORE WATER!!

There you have it. Don't hold me to any of the above. If you ask about them, I'll deny them all. Remember, I have the power to edit!

Someday I'll post some cute pictures from Christmas. It was a wonderful family day.

5 comments:

Crissy said...

Don't you think planning a Seahawks Super Bowl party should be on that list?

:)

Crissy

Mindy Buller said...

Oh, how could I even forget to mention that?!?

Laney said...

That is a very ambitious list you have there, but I am sure that you can accomplish all of thopse things.

I never make resolutions but this year I have decided that I am going to make one. I recieved an AMEX check from my aunt and uncle and I knew right away that I was hitting the bookstore for Well Educated Mind.

I really want to add some meaty literature to my reading.

Cathy said...

I have no doubt at all that you will accomplish all of that, and then some, you little over-achiever...

Good luck with the whole no sugar thing. I can't imagine. It's just never going to work for me. Can't wait to hear how you do.

I like the color changes... you've been playing.

Needleroozer said...

Okay, coming in late, but love the idea of a list like this. I bet you acomplish all that and much more!
You seem like a real go-getter. I think I am generally fairly lazy.
LB

Followers

Blog Archive