Thursday, December 22, 2005
Too much fun???
I now remember why we don't take long breaks from school. We all do better with our normal rhythm of life. Sure, it has been a glorious, celebratory two weeks, but I sense the need for a little normalcy around here. Today, my kids' sinful hearts shone through and they were bickering over the silliest little things (who gets to blow out the advent candle, who gets to read the Bible verse...of all things...) So, we implemented a work day. This afternoon, we worked! The kids cleaned their closets, organized their toys, washed mirrors, emptied garbages and just straightened up. It did wonders for their attitudes. Amazing!! The sin of laziness and over-indulgence is such a strong desire, but I watch what it does to my kids and I know it does the exact same thing in my heart. A little work, a little play, a little exercise, a little moderation. Every.Day. Just like it says in Ecclesiastes. Hopefully, today will carry them through a few more very fun days, and we're back to hitting the books on December 26! And, I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(83)
-
▼
December
(22)
- The Women in my life...Part 4 (the last)
- Obligatory Christmas shots
- Thinking.....
- Update...
- Please skip this post!
- It's Festivus for the rest-of-us!
- Thoughts from minds far deeper than mine...
- Too much fun???
- Teeth...the sequal
- Hmmmmm, matching vests????
- Normal 7 year old or poster boy for Gingavitus?
- Time alone...
- Note to self....
- Cookie-paloosa!
- Tell me this doesn't look like a Christmas in your...
- 3 best friend cousins, 2 wild children and a trip ...
- What I'm reading....
- Mommy, what does wor mean?
- Y'all watched it, didn't you?
- OK, I'm falling a bit behind with the pictures...
- Day one of the photo challenge...
- My little elves....
-
▼
December
(22)
1 comment:
I here ya'. We are having similar issues here. We can't start back till the 27th, but I am so ready!
Thanks for your thoughts, we are all doing mych better today.
LB
Post a Comment