
This year the boys did one house and the girls did the other. We had some minor frosting issues, but really, the point is about lots of candy. (Beautiful smiles courtesy of Danny being silly behind me. At this point in the sugar-laden evening they were having a hard time being serious for the picture!)

God was good and our snow has remained for our California family! The kids made the most of it. The girls are getting a little push by Danny.

Look at those five angels making snow angles! Sheer delight in the snow.

Danny tells great bedtime stories and the cousins always look forward to when they get to hear them. If you have never had the opportunity to hear one of his stories they are highly amusing and interesting. (Of course, why you might be with him at bedtime, I don't know.) You wouldn't believe the adventures that the children have. By the end of the day, I'm just not that creative!
The kids also decorated Grandma's tree, hung the stockings, went caroling, watched several Christmas movies, real lots of Christmas books and practiced the Christmas play they are going to put on for us. Today we are all going to decorate sugar cookies with *my* mom and brothers wife & kids. Saturday we are going to see The Best Christmas Pagent Ever. It is hard to believe that we still have our actual Christmas (we'll celebrate with this side of the family this Sunday) to look forward to. It has been one of those weeks you want your kids to remember forever! Oh, and LaNae and I had a great time at lunch and shopping. We hit some sales and just had a relaxing time!
I am truly thankful for this special time. Truly.Deeply.Thankful!
1 comment:
Wow, Mind, those are some cookies!! I promise never to compare you to Erica. I'm so glad that you're having fun with the Sanchezes. yay!
Post a Comment