Monday, January 09, 2006

Cravings....

Why do we get food cravings? I'm not talking about those pregnancy-honey-can-you-run-to-the-store-type cravings. I'm talking about the fact that I can give up sugar and white flour and be going along totally happy and fine. All of a sudden I'll see my son's fruit snacks and I will *really* want to eat one of his fruit snacks. I don't even particularly like fruit snacks. Why would I feel a strong desire to eat one? I didn't get any cravings while watching my family eat "Death by Chocolate" yesterday at a restaurant. Why not? Sure, I miss a big hunk of bread but it has been great eating healthy. I have enjoyed my veggies and protein and my headaches and crabbiness are gone. I have lost a couple of pounds so all is good.

By the way....I resisted the fruit snack.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Your crabbiness is gone?

I need this diet! LOL!

Where did your family have Death By Chocolate? That sounds right up my alley.

A fruit snack caused cravings? That is SO weird. There are lots of things I crave, but never fruit snacks.

Crissy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Life with a headache awful.
But fruit snacks? Ack! I can't think of a situation when I'd ever crave those.

Have a little brie on an apple wedge instead. ;)

Crissy

Laney said...

That's funny, I'm the same way!

I can resist the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake at Olive Garden, but I can't resist the Skittle my son is eating! Good for you for not giving in!

Followers