Saturday, January 07, 2006

Wedding bliss...


Today the kids were junior bridesmaid and groomsmen in my cousin's wedding. Let me tell you about these two children with a few pre-wedding quotes.

Annsley: Mommy, when you were in weddings were you ever more excited to walk down the aisle yourself than you were for the bride and groom?

Seth: I wish everyone weren't going to be watching me.
Annsely: They'll be watching *me* too.
Seth: So, only half of the people will be watching me?

Annsley: I'm going to watch them kiss.

Seth: I don't want to hold Annsley's arm.

I wish, wish, wish that I had a picture of the two boys on the left during the kiss. They were both looking away with a disgusted look on their face. Unfortunately the darn photographer seemed to be focusing on the bride and groom during the kiss and not my son (go figure.) I'm telling you, it would have made one of the best wedding pictures ever!!

The kids did so well, which was a great relief to me because I saw them at the rehearsal. Of course, I was only worried about one of them. Can you guess which one. Last night at the rehearsal, Seth was wiggling, bouncing, and pushing his sister down the aisle. Today, the made my heart surge with pride.

It was so cute. Annsley started walking down the aisle with Seth and Danny leaned over to me and said, "Wow, she is beautiful!" It was so sweet it made me cry. Kind of funny because I was a bit smitten with Seth, myself. I know that the years are going to speed by and it will be one of these two standing center stage. What a heavy weight it is to parent!

God, please help them to choose wisely!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious quotes! "They'll be watching *me*, too!" Ha!

My kids were in a wedding this summer too. It was not so cute when the 12 year old looked away in disgust at the kiss! Oh well, it could be worse, he could have been interested in it!

Followers