I have about three hours all to myself this afternoon. This hasn't happened since before Christmas so I am pretty excited about it. No meeting. No children. No nothing!!! So, what should I do? I am giddy with the thought of planning it. Be productive? Be indulgent? Be both? 3.whole.hours! I don't even have to plan dinner because we are going to the Old Spaghetti Factory for my brother's birthday. Woohoo! I'll be ordering a Chicken Caesar Salad and lamenting the fact that I will pass on the usual Mizithra Cheese. Alas, this too shall pass. So, what do you do with 3 uninterrupted hours to yourself? I think I'll go browse the scrap book store and see how I can spend my Christmas gift certificate. Perhaps I could take my laptop to Starbucks and work on an assignment for my class. Or, I could take my book and read. Or...I could stay home and read.
The library is closed today in honor of MLK day because they are always closed on Mondays. By the way, we just got a brand new county library a couple miles from our house. We are city residents, but we can use both library systems. It is a wonderful new library. I'm so excited about it. There is a little semi-enclosed patio overlooking a grassy field. It will be a wonderful place to spend time in the spring and summer. There is a great kid's area with comfy chairs and easily accessible books. I just love it! We are spoiled here with good library systems. (Yah, you know....I love libraries!)
I'll let you know what I did, but I'm pretty sure it will include my book (currently, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco.) I really want to know, what would you do?
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
January
(18)
- My blog cloud
- The truth is that I don't like shopping....
- Movie Talk....
- I have a recommendation for you....
- So who can tell me....
- How many of you have been seeing my banner as small?
- YES!!!!!!!
- I have a very deep dark secret....
- Today is the day!!!
- Here is one more reason to read out loud to your k...
- Two weeks down....
- Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!
- Happy Birthday, Honey
- An act of the will!
- Cravings....
- Wedding bliss...
- I've been tagged (my very first time!)
- Happy New Year!!
-
▼
January
(18)
4 comments:
I like being at home when no one is here :o)
I'd probably read a little, watch tv a little, and surf the internet a little.
If it was summer....I'd sit out in the backyard with a book!
Hope you had a great time!
How are you liking the book? I'm currently jumping back and forth between "Tears of the Giraffe" and "Lost in a Good Book." (For some reason, I can't exercise and get my brain into Thursday Next's world at the same time.) Unfortunately, I had to read during my workout yesterday because my buddy was missing. I sure hope she's OK. ;-)
Hi Mindy!
I agree with Donna, I love being in my quiet house with no one else here.
Congrats on the five pounds!!
I'll have all of next week. Wow. First time more than 2 days away from kid since he was born. I'm making a list of things to do...some fun, some work, some school, some educational for me...
Post a Comment