Monday, January 23, 2006

So who can tell me....

why it is that my banner appeared large to me on both of our computers but it was small to other people? I don't get it!!

Do any of you have children who talk non-stop? And I mean if it isn't actual words coming out of the mouth, it is some form of noise including (but not limited to) humming, babbling, questioning, impersonating Looney Tunes voices (whose dumb idea for a Christmas present was that?), quoting movies and books on tapes in foreign accents, and making up words and sounds and repeating them over and over again. This is the same child who wants to be in the same room as someone else all the time. He follows me to the bathroom and when I lock the door he stands outside asking me questions. He is an inquisitive little boy and I am so thankful for this, but I gotta tell ya....he may be the death of me yet. I am thankful because I am sure that some day he will be like Danny-a husband who likes to be with and talk with his family. Some wives complain that their husbands' words are used up at the end of the day. Danny isn't like that. We love talking and we have lots to tell each other. However, these days, I find *my* ears are used up and at the end of the day I just long for some silence. Right now Danny is downstairs reading the Spanish Bible with the kids (gotta love killing two birds with one stone) and I am in a silent corner of the house.

Danny and I smiled at each other over dinner and Danny said, "Someday it will be just you and me around this table and we'll miss this constant noise." I most certainly know this is true and I really wouldn't have it any other way!! But, for the moment I am savoring the sweet sound of silence! Shhhhhhhh.......listen...........nothing..............ahhhhhh.

2 comments:

Di said...

Mindy,

We have four and a half children that talk non-stop. I have felt like you many times...."Honey, when I get out of the bathroom we can discuss your....(school question, hairstyle, night at Scouts, feelings about life, etc.)

Then, one day, my two teens started going through occasional quiet periods...no chatting... and I started worrying. Never happy (-:

It's good to savor the chatter. It's a good to have children that can share their thoughts. But, it's good when they have an hour/day/however long off with a trustworthy someone so that I can think as slowly as I need to!

Huge banner when I refresh. That was the key.

Happy Tuesday,
Diane

Cathy said...

Your banner is quite the mystery, isn't it? I have no idea. It's still really small for me.

Asia and I always comment on what it will be like when they're either a)teenagers who no longer talk constantly or b) gone and it's just us to talk... it gets pretty noisy around here lots of times. Usually it's K. - that kid just goes on and on and on sometimes - blabber blabber blabber! It's enough to drive ya crazy.

Followers