Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I have a recommendation for you....

I have this thing about doing two things at the same time. I love to use time productively. One of the ways I do this is to check out books on my reading list on tape and listen to them while I am cleaning or cooking. I have enjoyed some of the books more than others (go ahead and put Moby Dick into the category that I did not enjoy so much.) The one I am listening to right now is fabulous!! Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison read by Joe Morton. He is one of the most entertaining readers I have ever heard. I love the book, and I love his reading of it! I am only about half way through, but it is a thought provoking book and I'm enjoying in immensely.

Nothing makes me happier than getting two things done at the same time. You know, like writing a blog entry and homeschooling the kids at the same time. Next time you see us, ask my son to do an impression of me when he asks a question while I'm on the computer. I know you guys know how it goes. It is pretty funny. My head turns but my eyes don't leave the computer and they have to repeat the question 3 times before I hear them. My son does it very well!! Don't you love it when they are old enough to start making fun of you?

3 comments:

hornblower said...

Ummm, that banner is now huge!!!!! It now takes over the whole screen!!! It's the banner that ate the blog!!!

Whatever you did, it fixed it.

I love audio books too. The only problem is occasionally my choices are either not something my kids are interested in, or not something I want my kids to be listening to (no matter how interested they are LOL!)

Laney said...

Mindy?

Mindy?

MINDY!!!

LOL!! I can relate to that!

I love to listen to tapes from past women's retreat's or Sunday's message from church.

Jersey Girl said...

I have been listening to books on tape for years. I love them. Some of the readers and books (a reader can make or break a book, in my opinion)I have enjoyed immensely lately have been The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and The Broker by John Grisham. I look forward to "reading" your suggestion, Invisible Man.

Followers