Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Funny Birthday story....

Let me preface by saying that although my dear husband doesn't make a big deal of birthdays and anniversaries, I always get a card or flowers and dinner out. This morning he woke me up to go work out and went back to sleep. I didn't hold it against him because he wasn't fully awake. When I got back from exercising he was gone and there was no little note. The phone rang at 7:00 am and I thought for sure it was him calling to say HB before I left for work. It was my mother-in-law. All day, I got no call or email. I knew he had to remember because we are going out to dinner with my family for my birthday. So, at 4:00 he called me at work.

Danny: What is the plan tonight?
Me: Yes, what IS the plan tonight?
Danny: Aren't we going out to dinner?
Me: Yes. (pause) Why are we going out to dinner?
Danny: (confused) For your birthday.
Mindy: (pause) Do you have something to say to me?
Danny: (in a very quiet small voice, dawning with realization) It's today.
Mindy: Yes.

I just laughed. Life is way to short to be offended. In fact, I told him I was so happy because now I have something to hold over his head. He has been so focused on planning the trip that he thought tomorrow was the 28th. I laughed and told him I was really looking forward to seeing the special things he had planned for me tomorrow!

Thanks for all the Happy Birthday emails! They made my day!!

3 comments:

Laney said...

Happy belated birthday, Mindy!

Are you getting ready for your trip?

Needleroozer said...

I hope you had a great day! and 38 was a wonderful year for me- full of insights. May your year be bright and beautiful!

LB

Anonymous said...

Joining in on the belated bday wishes!!!

You look marvelous, you 38 year old you.

Hope your day was great.

Followers

Blog Archive