Not that you really care, but now you can follow along on our trip!
March 30-fly to DC
March 31- Library of Congress, Supreme Court, Botanical gardens, Air & Space museum
April 1- All the outdoor memorials, Holocaust museum, Aquarium, White House, Zoo
April 2-Smithsonian castle, Museum of Natural History & American History, National Archives,
April 3-Bureau of Engraving, Capitol, National Gallery of Art,
April 4-Arlington cemetery, any stuff we missed or want to see again
April 5-Drive to Gettysburg, drive through Amish country
April 6- Drive to stay with a friend in NH, see a few historic towns on the way
April 7-Maine coast in the am, Boston Freedom Trail in the afternoon
April 8-Lexington/Concord, Pymouth, Cape Coast, Mayflower
April 9-New York-statue of Liberty, Times Square
April 10-NYC lots more sight seeing including Ground Zero, Broadway, Central Park, etc...
April 11- Philadelphia- Independence Historic Park, the Liberty Bell
April 12-fly home
This is a very condensed trip and I know we won't have enough time to see everything as deeply as we would like, but our main purpose is to give the kids a flavor and an overview of the region and whet their appetite to go back someday. We could spend weeks in each of the major cities that we are only staying one day, but it is all we could manage. We are all counting down the days until we leave. The books are chosen, set aside, and arranged. The clothes are not.
I'm taking my laptop and several of our hotels will have free wireless internet, so I will hopefully post a few pictures along the way.
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Funny Birthday story....
- Shameless self promotion...
- Our itinerary
- Soccer begins...
- Did you hear that?
- Deep in the Revolution!
- Lenten observations
- Now I've seen it all....
- I was tagged...
- Apparently the Tooth Fairy doesn't work on the Ide...
- A Goal Accomplished
- Let's talk Yoga...
- Old letters....
- Since it went over OK last time....
- I know you have all probably seen these before, bu...
- And just when you think it is spring....
- One very, very small sign....
- Happy National Frozen Food Day....
- photo fast
- My book light saved our marriage
- Ash Wednesday
-
▼
March
(21)
2 comments:
Oh my grief, Mind. It makes me tired just reading all of that!
It sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm more than just a little bit jealous.
So happy you'll be able to post some updates from the road!
I had to smile as I read your itinerary. We are doing the almost exact same trip in mid April. We are doing D.C. and then on to NYC and may do Gettysburg in between. I can't wait to hear how your trip goes.
Stephanie in Jax
Post a Comment