
Sure, A Circle of Quiet has beautiful daffodils but here is what I have in my back yard. It is the first sign of spring in my neck of the woods. It has no friends, yet. However, my tulips are also starting to poke their little green leaves out of the ground. There is nothing like the first signs of spring when you live in a place with a long winter. It just sets my heart to soaring like nothing else. The first blossom, the first color...means that summer is on its way!! I love crocuses because they pop out long before I'm ready to go outside.
A friend who I haven't seen in a long time asked me the other day, "So, are you excited to get out in your yard?" I looked around, thinking that she had mistaken me for someone else. I'm not one of those women who love "puttering around out in their garden!" I like flowers and their beauty, but I want to do the minimum amount of work to get there. I probably would have no flowers at all if it weren't for my mother (who does enjoy yard work.) We do have lots of lovely flowers around our house and I weed, tend and deadhead them as needed. But....love it? Not really! Love fresh cut flowers in my house? Oh yah! I wonder how that one little tiny crocus would look in a vase?
2 comments:
I hear you on the gardening thing! My dh loves it, thankfully. I do the bare minimum possible. But I do it because I like the end result- potatoes, peas, blueberries, carrots, you get the idea.
LB
I've been looking at everyone's blog daffodils and tulips and thinking, "Boy, am I getting gypped!" We have some poky green things coming out of the ground, but no blooms yet! I can't wait to see what comes up on our new property.
Post a Comment