Doesn't it kind of make you want to go out and buy some chicken nuggets and pop them in the oven. I rarely get frozen food, but it seems that whenever I do, I'm torn between following the microwave instructions, which will cause the food to be ready in 3 minutes or follow the oven directions. Now, normally I don't have a problem with delayed gratification, but there is something about it that makes me want to just stick it in the microwave. I don't know who invented the microwave directions, but I have never yet tasted a frozen burrito that has been microwaved that tastes like it should. They are either soggy and still cold inside or hard as a rock on the outside. Yuck! But, do I plan ahead and put it in the oven for 20 minutes? Nope. That would take, like...20 minutes! Perhaps this is why I rarely ever buy frozen food. It just doesn't taste good!
Thanks to LB who posted this website of bizarre American Holidays. Apparently, my birthday (March 28) is "National Something on a Stick Day." You never know, maybe I'll have a frozen corn dog!
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(146)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Funny Birthday story....
- Shameless self promotion...
- Our itinerary
- Soccer begins...
- Did you hear that?
- Deep in the Revolution!
- Lenten observations
- Now I've seen it all....
- I was tagged...
- Apparently the Tooth Fairy doesn't work on the Ide...
- A Goal Accomplished
- Let's talk Yoga...
- Old letters....
- Since it went over OK last time....
- I know you have all probably seen these before, bu...
- And just when you think it is spring....
- One very, very small sign....
- Happy National Frozen Food Day....
- photo fast
- My book light saved our marriage
- Ash Wednesday
-
▼
March
(21)
3 comments:
I'm a big tots fan - but they are just about the only frozen food I buy, other than frozen veggies.
Those burritoes - I would never in a million years wait 20 minutes for one of those. It just seems totally counter-productive to spend 20 minutes (and the energy to heat the oven) on a convienence food... however, mine always end up so freaking hot from the microwave I have to wait 20 minutes to eat it anyway...
you guys need better microwave ovens!
The new ones are really quite improved over the older models. We replaced our microwave last summer & it made such a difference! My current big frozen food fave are vegetable pies - personal sized pies with lots of veggies in a kind of bechamel sauce. Yumm.
Guess that means I can have one of those Tyson chicken patties in the freezer. I bought them when sick, cuz they are easy.
I NEVER use the microwave for frozen foods- instead, I jack the oven up 50 degrees higher than it says to, and hope that they don't burn on the outside while still frozen in the middle!
I was a huge frozen food eater before I got all these allergies. I am really trying hard to avoid them now. Especially love the Gorton's beer breaded Pub fish fillets. I know, I know, I am sick! ;-)
LB
Post a Comment